May 23, 2022 (Investorideas.com Newswire) Greenlighting of its medication for urea cycle disorders is the first of a trio of catalysts anticipated for this U.S. pharma firm in 2022, noted a ROTH Capital Partners report. Streetwise reviews the newest updates in this drug development and the company’s stock.
Acer Therapeutics’ (ACER:NASDAQ) therapeutic for urea cycle disorders is expected to get U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval in June 2022, reported ROTH Capital Partners analyst Jonathan Aschoff in a May 17th research note. Additional potential stock-moving events are anticipated this year as well, related to two other drug candidates, a clinical trial launch, and a data readout.
“The rest of the year will be eventful for Acer, as we expect to see important validation for ACER-001 and ACER-801,” wrote Aschoff.
Acer is developing therapies for patients with serious, rare, and life-threatening diseases. ACER-001, or sodium phenylbutyrate, is the biopharma’s therapeutic for urea cycle disorders. Patients with such an inherited disorder lack one of the six essential enzymes responsible for removing ammonia, a highly toxic substance, from the bloodstream.
ACER-001 has some advantages over the two approved competing drugs, and thus, should easily capture market share, Aschoff pointed out. Sodium phenylbutyrate has a terrible taste, which ACER-001 masks, making it a more tolerable option than Buphenyl, the same agent but without taste improvement. Also, ACER-001 will be much more affordable than Ravicti, or glycerol phenylbutyrate.
The next possible catalyst for Acer, expected later in Q2/22, is the commencement of its DISCOVER Phase 3 trial, evaluating Edsivo (celiprolol) in vascular Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, for which no therapies currently exist, noted Aschoff. After enrollment is done, interim data are anticipated at the two-year mark followed by trial completion one and a half years later.
Finally, in H2/22, Acer’s stock could benefit from the data release from the Phase 2a trial of the company’s ACER-801 (osanetant) for hot flashes in menopausal women.
“We look forward to results in H2/22 and thus to Acer potentially broadening its clinical pipeline with another product candidate having achieved clinical proof of concept,” Aschoff wrote.
ROTH Capital Partners has a Buy rating and a $10 per share target price on Acer, the current share price of which is around $2.06.
1) Doresa Banning compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees, or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in the securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees, or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article until three business days after the publication of the article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Officers, employees, and contributors to Streetwise Reports are not licensed, medical professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.
Disclosures for Roth Capital Partners, Acer Therapeutics, May 17, 2022
ROTH makes a market in shares of Acer Therapeutics, Inc. and as such, buys and sells from customers on a principal basis.
Shares of Acer Therapeutics, Inc. may be subject to the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Penny Stock Rules, which may set forth sales practice requirements for certain low-priced securities.
ROTH Capital Partners, LLC expects to receive or intends to seek compensation for investment banking or other business relationships with the covered companies mentioned in this report in the next three months. The material, information and facts discussed in this report other than the information regarding ROTH Capital Partners, LLC and its affiliates, are from sources believed to be reliable, but are in no way guaranteed to be complete or accurate.
This report should not be used as a complete analysis of the company, industry or security discussed in the report. Additional information is available upon request. This is not, however, an offer or solicitation of the securities discussed. Any opinions or estimates in this report are subject to change without notice. An investment in the stock may involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the forward-looking statements. Additionally, an investment in the stock may involve a high degree of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. No part of this report may be reproduced in any form without the express written permission of ROTH. Copyright 2022. Member: FINRA/SIPC.
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire – a global digital news source for investors and business leaders
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investing involves risk and possible losses. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. Contact management and IR of each company directly regarding specific questions.
More disclaimer info: https://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp Learn more about publishing your news release and our other news services on the Investorideas.com newswire https://www.investorideas.com/News-Upload/ and tickertagstocknews.com
BiotechIndustryStocks.com – investing ideas in biotechnology stocks, medical technology and life sciences
Like Biotech Stocks? View our Biotech Stocks Directory